samba file consistency

Harsch Alexander infodude at gmx.de
Tue Apr 16 13:02:02 GMT 2002

Hello everybody,
I am experiencing problems with my samba 2.2 , We are working with an
application called “tasktimer” which places some kind of native database
on a sama share and accesses it with something like an ODBC driver.
After a short period of time, the database can not be accessed any more.
When you reindex the database you can keep on going, but that’s not a
real solution.
Can anyone help me out. What do I have to change from the defaults
(oplocks
..) to make the windows clients (about 20) and the samba server
work correctly? The database is accessed frequently.
Thank you,  alex h.