SMB Packet header

Christopher R. Hertel crh at umn.edu
Tue Apr 16 10:10:03 GMT 2002

Paul Vanlint wrote:

> This is what the RFC says:

Sorry to be pedantic but it is not an RFC, just an expired
Internet-Draft.  I think it is important to highlight that.

> It says that this is an expired ietf draft, so perhaps there is a
> newer one, but this should give you a start.

Yep.

The newer document (which is released as a Technical Reference, not a
Protocol Specification) is at:

  http://www.snia.org/English/Work_Groups/NAS/CIFS/WG_CIFS_Docs.html

This is an effort of the Storage Network Industry Association (SNIA).
The current release is version 0.9.  Version 1.0 should be out by month
end.

There are other references listed at:

  http://www.ubiqx.org/cifs/References.html

...and information on the NBT (NetBIOS over TCP/IP) layer can be found
at:

  http://www.ubiqx.org/cifs/NetBIOS.html

Chris -)-----