nmblookup conflict

Christopher R. Hertel crh at umn.edu
Tue Apr 16 09:35:01 GMT 2002

...but...

If that is the problem, then it's still important to know which box is
causing the NAME RELEASE REQUEST DEMAND message to be sent, and why.

There should not be any unique <DOMAIN>#1C unique names on your
network.  If there are, then there is a misconfiguration somewhere.
Note that it would only be a unique name that would cause the conflict
(and it would be a third-party node that would send the RELEASE
message).

I wonder if the receipt of the RELEASE message is listed in any logs
(does Windows have logs?).

NBT is a bowl full of jelly beans...Jalapeño and Kerosene flavor.

Chris -)-----