compile samba 2.2 and 3.0 on HP/UX 10.20

DOELKER,RAINER (HP-Germany,ex2) rainer_doelker at hp.com
Mon Apr 15 23:36:02 GMT 2002

Hello Thomas,

>the current cvs tree for the samba 2.2 and 3 branch dont compile on
HP/UX10.20.

The new samba-versions were not jet avail as binaries for 10.20  -- and may
result in compiling problems -- as (AFAIK) the threaded functions (syscalls)
which are used by samba are not available for 10.20.

So I do not know if you'll ever make it run. (I have to admit I've not
compiled one for a long time).

There are ready packages, which might be of help ?
ftp://ftp.samba.org/pub/samba/Binary_Packages/hp/
samba-2.2.2-hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.20.tar or
samba-2.0.7-hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.20.tar

Hope that helps.
Regs, Rainer