add cast for splint

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at pcug.org.au
Sat Apr 13 03:28:02 GMT 2002

andreas moroder wrote:

> Hello
>
> would it be possible to add a cast to
> #define smb_buf(buf) (buf + smb_size + CVAL(buf,smb_wct)*2)
>
> in smb_macros.h
> and change it to ?
>
> #define smb_buf(buf) (buf + smb_size + (unsigned int ) CVAL(buf,smb_wct)*2)
>
> This would avoid many warnings from splint and would not change the way the
> macro works.

Last time we did this we got an absolute truckload of extra crud in the
build logs for the IRIX boxes (see build.samba.org) for that exact
reason - the cast doesn't change anything.

I've been meaning to revert these for a while now.  (I hope we can find
some sensible solution that allows both important debuging tools to
work).

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net