updating import2_smbpasswd.pl from examples/LDAP

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Fri Apr 12 16:21:01 GMT 2002

I'm updating import2_smbpasswd.pl
to work with the new schema. sambaAccount instead of smbPasswdEntry...

I need to add an rid in addition  (since that's required in the new
schema)
to the lmPassword,  ntPassword,  acctFlags, pwdLastSet, etc. entries

but I don't know how to generate an rid -
i know its supposed to be the domain SID with a userid tacked on the
end.  I added a new user using smbpasswd but the rid that generated
seems to be unrelated to anything in /etc/smbpasswd or /etc/passwd for
that user.

should i make it the machine.sid+ unix uid?

or just the unix uid?

I'm looking around in /passdb/pdb_ldap.c to see how smbpasswd does it
but I can't find the definition of ldap_first_entry anywhere. I even
grepped the whole source tree.  Where is that code?

thanks

brad