Very bad performance when copying large files from windows to samba-share

Lars Heineken Lars.Heineken at gmx.de
Fri Apr 12 12:06:15 GMT 2002

..back again..

I tried the security=share switch -> no change
I tried the rawwrite=no switch -> no change

the behaviour is absolutely the same.

This is getting annoying.

By the way, I tried moving the file from another PC running win98 and the results were the same. It definitely depends on the filesize. A file with the size 715MB almost timed out (ALMOST) a second before timeout, the transfer started and went smnooth till the end. A file with 780MB in size timed out.