RPC major/minor codes ??

Richard Sharpe rsharpe at ns.aus.com
Thu Apr 11 09:36:02 GMT 2002

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, D. Jemms wrote:

> HI,
> I am using Samba for my startup company.Want to know few important things
> about the code.

If you mean what I think you mean, the implications are staggering.

> How is RPC mechanism in samba is handled.any guidelines will be really
> helpful to me.What does it do in RPC ?what it does with getting major ,minor
> numbers ?

If Samba is so important to your business plan, you need to spend lots of
time with the code or find someone who has!

The base protocol does not need RPC, but to do most things with domain
controllers requires it!

Major and minor numbers are not important unless you are building a device
driver.

Regards
-----
Richard Sharpe, rsharpe at ns.aus.com, rsharpe at samba.org,