PORWIG at PacificLife.com
Tue Apr 9 15:37:02 GMT 2002
1) We have joined the domain. Samba is running fine without winbind.
2) We have only this one copy of winbindd
3) We are using PAM_SMB without a problem.
4) ROOT# wbinfo -t
Secret is good
From: Richard Sharpe [mailto:rsharpe at ns.aus.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2002 4:28 PM
To: Orwig, Paul
Cc: 'samba-technical at lists.samba.org'
Subject: Re: winbindd problem
On Tue, 9 Apr 2002, Orwig, Paul wrote:
> How does winbindd determine whether to do annonymous or authenticated
> How does winbindd determine what user to authenticate with?
> Can winbindd be forced to use a specific user/password to query the PDC?
It uses the trust account info from the secrets database. You have to join
> winbindd seems to work intermittantly.
> wbinfo -u returns "Error looking up domain users"
I have seen a number of reasons for this:
1. You have not joined the domain
2. There are old copies of winbindd or smbd/nmbd from a different domain
3. There is no connectivity to the DC
Richard Sharpe, rsharpe at ns.aus.com, rsharpe at samba.org,
sharpe at ethereal.com
More information about the samba-technical