Fwd: Re: VFS recycle bin

Juergen Hasch Hasch at t-online.de
Sun Apr 7 07:51:02 GMT 2002

Am Sonntag, 7. April 2002 14:18 schrieb Rainer Link:
> Juergen Hasch schrieb:
>
> [..]
>
> > The recycle bin can be configured with the file
> > /etc/samba/recycle_bin.conf: [ recycle bin ]
> > name = .recycle
> > maxsize = 100000
> > exclude = .tmp.temp.o
> > excludedir = /tmp/temp/
> >
> > It's hardcoded for now because vfs_option doesn't seem to be implemented.
>
> Hum, vfs options seems to be implemented in 2.4.4-pre. But, actually, it
> seems the current code can handle only one vfs options entry, i.e.
>
>     vfs object = /usr/local/samba/lib/vscan-sophos.so
>     vfs options = abc = 123
>     vfs options = yxz = 321
>
> I only get "xyz = 321", even if I call lp_vfs_options(SNUM(conn)) twice.
> But probably I do sth wrong?

I am using
	vfs options = /etc/samba/recycle.conf
and this works, at least as long as there are no stackable VFS modules :-)

> > I have a question to the VFS experts. When I try to use
> > the function default_vfs_ops.stat() smbd crashes, so I am
> > using stat() directly. Why is this, especially because I have a
> > simpler version of the recycle bin where it works ?
>
> Hum, I can confirm this. I've used stat() in the past and switched to
> default_vfs_ops.stat(). That's why I use stat() now again.

default_vfs_ops.stat() ist working too, when you use
-D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 for compiling (at least it works
for me). I had plenty of strange crashes before, none after.

...Juergen