HEAD CVS does not create libnss_winbind.so anymore...how do I do this (nsswitch/REAQDME doesnt help)

Mike Papper mike at digitalpipe.net
Tue Apr 2 18:04:34 GMT 2002

Hello, I compiled the latest HEAD code from CVS, using the --enable-developer
AND the -enable-debug for configure.

Note: normally a "make" will create the file
source/nsswitch/libnss_winbind.so and I normally copy this file to /lib and
link it to /lib/libnss_winbind.so.2

However, in the version from CVS make did not create this library. I read the
README file in the nsswitch directory and tried a "make nsswitch" which did
output dome stuff but did not seem to create anything and there was no
source/nsswitch/libnss_winbind.so either. It appears that I do need the
libnss_winbind.so.2 file. So, I do not know how to build a
libnss_winbind.so.2 (whats with the .2 anyway, the docs indicate it looks
just for .so).

Heres the output when I do "sudo make nsswitch" (from the source directory):
----------------------
[mike at 207-214-146-180-dhcp source]$ make nsswitch
Using FLAGS =  -O  -g -g -Wall -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes -Wpointer-arith
-Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -DDEBUG_PASSWORD -DDEVELOPER -I/usr/kerberos/include
 -Iinclude -I./include -I./ubiqx -I./smbwrapper  -I. -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_GNU_SOURCE  -I/usr/kerberos/include -I.
      FLAGS32 =  -O  -g -g -Wall -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes -Wpointer-arith
-Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -DDEBUG_PASSWORD -DDEVELOPER -I/usr/kerberos/include
 -Iinclude -I./include -I./ubiqx -I./smbwrapper  -I. -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_GNU_SOURCE  -I/usr/kerberos/include -I.
      LIBS = -lresolv  -ldl -lcrypt -lnsl -lcom_err -lk5crypto -lkrb5
-lgssapi_krb5 -llber -lldap -lpam -lpopt
      LDSHFLAGS = -shared  -L/usr/kerberos/lib -O  -g -g -Wall -Wshadow
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -DDEBUG_PASSWORD
-DDEVELOPER -I/usr/kerberos/include
      LDFLAGS = -L/usr/kerberos/lib
It doesnt seem to actually do anything. I did run configure with
"--with-winbind" and "--with-pam" as well as the "--enable-debug"
Was I supposed to do "configure.developer --enable-debug --with-winbind
--with-pam" or something else? Is there docs for this?

Mike Papper