Winbindd in HEAD: cannot deal with 15,000 users+

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at pcug.org.au
Tue Apr 2 13:37:02 GMT 2002

Mike Papper wrote:

> I was running winbind in the debugger, accessing the 15,000 users fromt he
> PDC. Heres what I got (notice, the smb_panic function was not called):

Thats becouse you are running inside the debugger - it catches the
SIGSEGV.

A backtrace that was compiled without having done a './configure
--enable-developer' or ./configure --enable-debug' isn't much use -
becouse all the symbols are stripped.

So what we really need is a clean, current HEAD checkout with
./configure --enable-debug.

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net