machine account's password

Rafal Szczesniak mimir at spin.ict.pwr.wroc.pl
Sun Sep 30 05:51:04 GMT 2001

On Sun, 30 Sep 2001, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> On Sun, 30 Sep 2001, Rafal Szczesniak wrote:
>

> > I don't remember exactly. Is initial password for machine account set
> > to the machine netbios name uppercased ?
>
> lower cased (but only when you create the account in Server
> Manager).

OK. Lower cased netbios name. That's exactly what I've asked. Thank
you.
Without the trailing '$' like in the account name, right ?

> If you create it at the time of joining the domain,
> the password is randomly chosen.

Of course. I've meant account created from server manager (and
smbpasswd -a -m ...) _only_

> cheers, jerry

thank you very much again, jerry

Rafal 'Mimir' Szczesniak <mimir at spin.ict.pwr.wroc.pl>   |
*BSD, Linux and Samba                                  /