Summary of [Re: Default encrypted passwords = yes?]

Gerald (Jerry) Carter jerry at samba.org
Thu Sep 27 16:06:01 GMT 2001

On Thu, 27 Sep 2001, Jay Ts wrote:

> - documentation: make sure it is clear to new admins that
>   encrypted passwords need to be used unless there are
>   "legacy" Win95, WinNT or older systems on the net.

Sorry. This is one of my pet peeves.  All MS clients
can use NTLMv1. This includes the very first release
of Win95 and even the DOS network client. In fact, when
using the basic redirector, the DOS client will only use lanman
passwords.

Just had to throw that in.

cheers, jerry
 www.samba.org              SAMBA Team              jerry_at_samba.org