severe (?) error in tdb.c

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Sat Sep 22 12:15:01 GMT 2001

On Sat, Sep 22, 2001 at 12:09:59PM -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:

> off in a struct tdb_traverse_lock is defined as u32, so the value
> would have to be 0x7FFFFFFF. This means there is a restriction on
> a tdb file of 2GB, which is not unreasonable (IMHO).
>
> We should document it though.

Ok, looking a little more closely, u32 is defined as "unsigned",
which may (on some compilers) map to a 16 bit unsigned int.

But tdb would fail completely (handling large files) if int was only
16 bits, so my feeling is we should test for this at autoconf time, and
fail the compile if this is so.

Jeremy.