2.2.2 cvs bugs

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Thu Sep 20 13:17:03 GMT 2001

On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 07:06:59PM +0200, James Nord wrote:
> ***
> source/passdb/machine_sid.c lines 71-81
>
> calls to get_private_directory but you never add a '/' to make the
> MACHINE.SID filename
>
> (God this took us hours to find out why our domain members where giving
> really strange errors..)

Fixed - thanks a lot.

I'm working on the profile stuff at the moment...

> ***
> Disk space reporting,
>
> File propterties in explorer reports wrong disk space used for a file
> (thinks we have 4MB blocks)
> File h:\.acrorc
> Size:    1,51KB (1 552bytes)
> Size on disk:    4,00MB (4 194 304 bytes)

Hmmmm. The quota code is also on my list to examine.

> ***
> Printers...
>
> Accessing the \\file_server\Printers share is Sllloooowwwww - we are
> talking many minutes here...
> 64 printers
>
>   print command = /usr/local/bin/lpr  -b -P%p <%s ;rm %s
>   lpq cache time = 1
>   lpq command = /usr/local/bin/lpq -P%p
>   lprm command = /usr/local/bin/lprm -P%p %j
>   lppause command = /usr/local/bin/lpc hold %p %j
>   lpresume command = /usr/local/bin/lpc release %p %j
>   queuepause command = /usr/local/bin/lpc -P%p stop
>   queueresume command = /usr/local/bin/lpc -P%p start
>   printing = lprng
>
> Likewise selecting the "Ports" tab in the printer properties in windows
> takes forever...

That's probably all the tdb access. Hmmm. Gerald, any ideas here ?

> ***
> Printers and netbois aliases
>
> Reminder about bug 21453
> <http://bugs.samba.org/cgi-bin/samba-bugs/printers?id=21453;user=guest>

Yep I know about this one. Won't be fixed for 2.2.2 I'm afraid.

> ****
> Printing paper size.
>
> Half of the printers seem to think they have Letter format paper in
> them, the other think they have A4.
> They all have A4.
>
> The same printer can tell you 2 different things on 2 different clients....
>
> Could be where not setting something correct but then its a
> documentation bug?'

Not sure about this one - Gerry, any ideas ?

> *****
> User enumeration (could be a non samba (cygwin) bug...)
>
> mkpasswd from the cygwin toolking (sources.redhat.com) fails with
> NetUserEnum() failed with 2221 on the 101st domain user
> no error seen on samba logs except
>     rpc_server/serv_samr_nt.c:_samr_query_user_aliases(2566)
> samr_query_user_aliases: not yet implemented
> (net view /domain works)
> 260+ users

On my list to look at. Thanks for the update.

Jeremy.