Getent Group failing With Winbind

Adam Read read_a at univerahealthcare.com
Thu Sep 20 10:00:03 GMT 2001

On Thu, 20 Sep 2001, Adam Read wrote:

> HSMC being a trusted domain
> Do I need to do anything special to lookup groups in a trusted domain?
> This is a showstopper, and I do not want to go back to everyone printing as
> "nobody"

Does "allow trusted domain" default to on or off?  Hmm....
This defaults to "yes", and I am able to authenticate the user.  Just groups
fail when I getent group, or it looks them up.

Can the server resolve the DC of the trusted domain?
Yes, it seems to be able to resolve the name, as I can do a lookup of the
users.  I added the DC to my hosts file anyway, just to be sure, no change.
I added "allow trusted domains = yes" to be sure, but this didn't change
anything either.

Let me know if there is anything else I can provide to help debug.
Adam Read
IT, Univera Healthcare WNY

cheers, jerry
 www.samba.org              SAMBA Team              jerry_at_samba.org