winbind interfaces bug and machine account problem (fwd)

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Thu Sep 20 05:44:32 GMT 2001

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 14:38:49 +0100
From: Mike Dawson <mdawson at totton.ac.uk>
To: samba at lists.samba.org
Subject: winbind interfaces bug and machine account problem

Hi,

I think I've found a bug in winbind (yesterday's cvs head).  If there is
more than one ip address bound to an interface winbind will only broadcast
on the subnet of the first address bound, regardless of the interfaces
setting in smb.conf.

Multiple ip addresses don't seem to cause the rest of samba any problems.
A workaround is to change the order at which the addresses are loaded and
winbind is able to find my domain controller now.

A problem I have now is that wbinfo -t says:

Secret is bad
0x0812dd70

I was seemingly able to join the domain okay with smbpasswd -j.  Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike