2.2.2 bugs - change profile problem

John Terpstra jht at samba.org
Wed Sep 19 12:17:18 GMT 2001

To create this bug:

1) Install fresh Win2K - workgroup configuration
2) Install fresh Samba-2.2.2-pre
	- Domain Controller with a profile share
3) Convert Win2K machine to domain member
4) Add a user to Samba server
	- use encrypted passwords
5) Log onto domain from Win2K as new user
6) Log off from Win2K machine _AND_ reboot
7) Log onto domain from Win2K
	- open explorer (right click on My Network blah blah)
		- select explorer
		- from the tool bar select Tools
			- select Folder Options
8) Change some settings, like selecting "Classic Folders"
9) Click apply.

You will notice that the change is applied to the background explorer,
then as it fails to update the profile on the profile server it reverts
back to original settings.

In other words - per user profile changes are lost.

- John T.

--
John H Terpstra
Email: jht at samba.org

An argument of minds:
"Please help me to find the intellect in Intellectual Property"
"Not me, I can't find the property in it either!"