Getting ready for 2.2.2.

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at pcug.org.au
Tue Sep 18 00:35:03 GMT 2001

"MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1)" wrote:

> Hi jeremy,

> i also saw another message just recently; quote:
>
> Samba 2.2.1
> IRIX 6.5.12
> log level 1
>
> Folowing an upgrade from samba 2.0.7 to 2.2.1, I got now this error:
>
> smbd/connection.c:yield_connection(62)
> yield_connection: tdb_delete failed with error Record does not exist.
>
> and I can't connect from my clients. My smb.conf file is the same as the
> older version and it used to work fine.
> What is different between those two versions and how can I make it run again
> in 2.2.1 ?

There is an issue with the way the yeild_connection() funciton is run in
2.2.1, as it somtimes attempts to yeild a connection that does not yet
exist (when the user fails one of the tests in make_connection() for
example).  The error isn't nearly as fatal as it looks, but its
indicating a logic error in samba.  The logic error always existed, but
the error message was added to show up possible tdb errors that did
occour in 2.2.0.  (Thats why its a level 0 debug).

> that indicates this problem may NOT be isolated to installations using "use
> mmap=no"...

As far as I can tell, this is an unrelated issue, unless the reporter
also experienced difficulty accessing the server over and above the
previous version.

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Samba Team member, Build Farm maintainer        abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net