multiple nmbds domains workgroups...

Kenny Stoltz spacecow at mis.net
Sun Sep 16 16:44:01 GMT 2001

No, my intention is, as Arnaldo said, to have an IP alias for the
interface, so each one has a different IP alias, different workgroup,
different network, and different subnet. This limits the usefulness in
common situations (because you can't make separate workgroups on the same
subnet) but it does allow a single machine to serve lots workgroups as
long as the rules are followed. I was pretty sure when I started out that
there must have been a protocol limitation because I would have expected
samba to support it if it were that easy.

My approach would basically be for nmbd to respect the includes, and alias
lines, provided a switch was set, and each alias had a different interface
and network. Are there problems with this?