safe_free patch

andreas moroder claudiamoroder at st-ulrich.suedtirol.net
Sun Sep 16 08:06:02 GMT 2001

Last week I asked why free() and safe_free() is utilized.
Simo told me that this happens because there is old and new code and if I
want I can send in a patch.

Here it is.

I changed most occurences of free AND safe_free  to SAFE_FREE
this not only check if the pointer is != NULL before the free, the macro also
sets the pointer to NULL.

The code becomes also more readable.

There are few places ( nt_printing etc. ) where I did not change safe_free to
SAFE_FREE because the call is in a for ( ,,) statement.

I compressed the patch because it is too big uncompressed.

Bye

Andreas