Question about getgrent_list

andreas moroder claudiamoroder at st-ulrich.suedtirol.net
Fri Sep 14 11:33:02 GMT 2001

Hello,

In rpc_server/svr_samr_nt.c I found the following comment

/* use getgrent_list() to retrieve the list of groups to avoid
 * problems with getgrent possible infinite loop by internal
 * libc grent structures overwrites by called functions */

but I can not find the reason this should happen. In the loop following this
statement no function is called that does access group entries.

If the statement is no longer valid it would be possible to optimize
get_group_alias_entries because there would be no need to create a temporary
list of group entries. ( getgrent_list is only used in this place )

Bye
Andreas