SWAT authentication problem

Jay Ts jay at toltec.metran.cx
Fri Sep 14 08:52:14 GMT 2001

Gerald Carter wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Sep 2001, Yaroslav Buga wrote:
>
> > Hi, I installed SAMBA 2.2.1a , configured inetd to run SWAT. When I
> > connect to SWAT it askes for password . I typed root's password and
> > user's one . But it doesn't accept any of them. In "demo" mode it runs
> > O.K. What's wrong with SWAT?
>
> Either compile with --with-pam (if necessary) or comment out
> the '#define HAVE_TRUNCATED_SALT 1' from include/config.h

Gerald,

I think I wrote this before on the samba-ntdom list, but with my Red
Hat 7.1 and Samba 2.2.1a installation, compiling using the --with-pam
option absolutely did not help.  The other method is what worked for me,
and there have been no more problems here after doing that.

I just wanted to mention this in case it matters ... which maybe
it doesn't ... I don't know.

- Jay Ts
jayts at iname.com