BUILTIN\ADMINISTRATORS SID

Joe Meslovich joe at bridgewater.edu
Mon Sep 10 12:32:03 GMT 2001

While digging through the log files that my one 2.2 system is generating I
have been seeing this error occur again and again:

[2001/09/10 14:58:22, 0, pid=24523]
smbd/posix_acls.c:create_canon_ace_lists(747)
  create_canon_ace_lists: unable to map SID S-1-5-32-544 to uid or gid.
[2001/09/10 14:58:22, 0, pid=24523]
smbd/posix_acls.c:create_canon_ace_lists(747)
  create_canon_ace_lists: unable to map SID S-1-5-32-544 to uid or gid.

	From what I have seen that SID is the one of the
BUILTIN\ADMINISTRATORS group. I see in util_sid.c that several other of
the known SIDs are hard coded there. Is there any particular reason that
this SID is not listed there as well?

	I have a feeling that this error message is not a critical error,
but I wonder if this mapping failure is causing any other side effectes
inside the posix acl mechanism.

							Joe Meslovich

Joe Meslovich						joe at bridgewater.edu
Associate Network/Systems Engineer	                College Box 499
Tel: (540) 828 - 5343