Fw: Re: Implemented OPLOCK for FreeBsd

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri Sep 7 19:57:16 GMT 2001

On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 05:31:04PM -0700, Julian Elischer wrote:

> so Linus is apparently considering making an event handling abstraction
> like Kqueue. Want to lay bets on how likely it will be  that it is
> neadlessly different form kqueue?

Juliam, I don't care. Linus listens to application writers and
engages them in dialogue. This is the first time any of the
FreeBSD people have even considered the needs of Samba, and we
already have a working interface for this.

How many more times do we have to re-learn the pointless API
differentiation wars of the 1980's ?

Jeremy.