Fw: Re: Implemented OPLOCK for FreeBsd

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri Sep 7 19:56:11 GMT 2001

The reason we don't want another different kernel oplock
interface in Samba is that testing these things is a bloody
nightmare. IRIX is a special case as it was the first. Then
the cleaner Linux interface was added. This works nicely, and
is generic enough to be used by many other programs as well
as Samba. It's the interface we're asking propritary UNIX
vendors to adopt.

This should be a standard part of any UNIX as it is in Windows
2000 - let's use a standard API between all the POSIX OS's.

Jeremy.