getting local groups/aliases via rpc?

Ben Johnson ben at blarg.net
Wed Oct 31 15:33:07 GMT 2001

I recently downloaded the latest samba and am looking through the
rpcclient code.  It looks like a lot has changed in the last few months,
and like the functionality I couldn't put together back then has been
added for me.  I'm still missing something though. I have a feeling it's
there but it's not clear.

My goal is to authenticate a user to an NT server and get a list of
groups for that user from the NT machine.  Authenticating and fetching
_global_ groups appears to be straight forward, but I can't figure out,
so far, how to fetch the local groups associated with the authenticating
user.

Can anyone give me a couple hints?  If you just mention a few function
names that I should read I would be really happy.

Thanks a lot,

- Ben