Any suggestions on getting WinXP final installed under VMware 2.0?

Herb Lewis herb at sgi.com
Wed Oct 31 11:06:48 GMT 2001

"Gerald (Jerry) Carter" wrote:

> grrr...
>
> I know XP RC1 would install, but the final release causes a panic
> in VMware WS 2.0.4 during the "Installing Devices" stage.
> Anyone got any thoughts on this one?

It looks like you need VMware 3.0 to support Windows XP. They give
instructions for installing XP on their web site for the 3.0 Beta

I haven't actually tried it though :-)
Herb Lewis                               Silicon Graphics
Networking Engineer                      1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy MS-510
Strategic Software Organization          Mountain View, CA  94043-1351
herb at sgi.com                             Tel: 650-933-2177
http://www.sgi.com                       Fax: 650-932-2177