LDAP: profilePath and smbHome macro expansion

Gerald (Jerry) Carter jerry at samba.org
Tue Oct 30 13:38:10 GMT 2001

On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, Jean Francois Micouleau wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
>
> > Even so, it would be really nice to be able to keep this functionality
> > in some form for some sites - so if anybody as some real suggestions on
> > how to implement it (probably by tagging fields as they are modified) I
> > would be glad to hear them.  But the solutions *must* be robust, or they
> > end up being of no value in any case.
>
> add a bitmask to store which fields are filled or empty.
>
> that's *exactly* what MS did. the unknown3 in a samr_user_info_21 is a
> bitfield.
>
> when you do a samr_set_user_info() only the fields tagged are written on
> disk.
>
> IIRC, we had this discussion with jerry 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Yeah, but it was in relation to something different wasn't it.
Ahhh....using lp_xxx() parameter as the default value in case
an attribute wasn't present.  Yes.  This is the way to do it.

cheers, jerr
 www.samba.org              SAMBA Team              jerry_at_samba.org
 www.plainjoe.org                                jerry_at_plainjoe.org