VFS examples

smh at sophos.com smh at sophos.com
Tue Oct 30 08:52:05 GMT 2001

I downloaded Samba-2.2.2, got the VFS examples to compile OK, but
there are some unresolved symbol errors when smbd loads the module,
which is presumably why it doesn't work.

Has anyone got this working or is it a bit of a lost cause?  It seemed
a lot easier to hack open.c, close.c and so on rather than doing this
the 'proper' way.

I really would like to use the VFS interface but I can't see an easy
way at the moment - too many unknowns and not enough support.  There's
a pointer in examples/VFS/README to additional docs but I can't find them
in the distribution.  Are they somewhere else?

thanks for any help,

-Simon.

--
Simon Harrison, Senior Software Engineer                  Sophos Anti-Virus
http://www.sophos.com                           UK Support: +44 1235 559933