"getent group" shows both domains group and domain users - wi nbind bug ?

Mayers, Philip J p.mayers at ic.ac.uk
Tue Oct 30 03:00:10 GMT 2001

This is a common problem with network NSS modules (LDAP has the same
problem). The correct fix is for lpq to use "getgrouplist" which is present
on the free BSDs and linux with glibc>=2.2.4 - the latter will use the
initgroups_dyn NSS hook to boost performance. Does nss_winbind implement
this hook cheaply?

Regards,
Phil

| Phil Mayers                              |
| Network & Infrastructure Group           |
| Information & Communication Technologies |
| Imperial College                         |