Windows 2000 - Samaba-2.2.2 LDAP: Change of Relative ID.

Joachim.Tork at gad.de Joachim.Tork at gad.de
Mon Oct 29 06:33:10 GMT 2001

Hello everybody,

Thanks to Ignacio Coupeaus Patch I was able to join a Windows 2000 client
to samba domain with ldap backend.

But I see the following problem:
When I create the machine account a rid != 0 is created, in my case
3006.
When the Windows 2000 machine joins my domain the rid is changed to 12294
which is
3006 when you consider 3006 hex and 12294 dec.
When I want to join this machine a second time it fails again because of
the new, wrong rid. So I have to re-set the machine in ldap.

Best regards

Joachim