LDAP and /etc/passwd accounts

Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo jsogo at debian.org
Sat Oct 27 09:47:02 GMT 2001

  Hello!

    I've just configured SAMBA to use the accounts in the LDAP database
   (thanks to Ignacio Coupeau for his documents) and seems to work fine.

    But I only have a question. It seems that the user account must also
   be in the /etc/passwd file for this to work. What I'm asking is if this
   is going to change when I configure my system to use PAM and LDAP using
   nsswitch, or if this is still something that must be worked on by the
   Samba team.

   Thanks for your effort!!

   José Carlos García Sogo
      jsogo at debian.org

 P.S: Please CC: me (not subscribed to the list)