Patch proposal

Herb Lewis herb at sgi.com
Fri Oct 26 08:36:02 GMT 2001

Well, it definitely isn't defined in IRIX

Tom Jansen wrote:

> Hi Jeremy,
>
> cc to Richard Sharpe and samba-technical
>
> [snip patch head]
> [snip patch tail]
>
> > I don't think this is a valid patch. I believe MSG_NOSIGNAL is non-portable.
> > Please don't apply this as it will break the build on all but Linux.
>
> >From the manpage:
>
> -- quote --
> CONFORMING TO
>        4.4BSD,  SVr4,  POSIX  1003.1g draft (these function calls
>        appeared in 4.2BSD).
>
>        MSG_CONFIRM is a Linux extension.
> -- end quote --
>
> So MSG_NOSIGNAL is a POSIX flag. Unfortunately I do not have any other OSes to
> test on. If you are really sure it isn't possible please tell me and I will try
> to fix it using another workaround.
>
> Yours,
>
>         Tom

Herb Lewis                               Silicon Graphics
Networking Engineer                      1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy MS-510
Strategic Software Organization          Mountain View, CA  94043-1351
herb at sgi.com                             Tel: 650-933-2177
http://www.sgi.com                       Fax: 650-932-2177