Questions

Richard Dunlop DUNLOPR at DOMINOS.COM
Wed Oct 24 13:21:05 GMT 2001

I have just loaded Samba 2.2 on an Intel based server running at 500 MHZ. I'm using UnixWare 7.01 and have configured 1 share. The only other thing running on the server is an Informix database which has a medium size db.

Hear is my issue, (hopefully you can help)?

I have a Microsoft Access database on my shared drive.
I have 2 desktops running separate views but write to the same tables. Input on the one work station is writing to the table and on the other work station within the program a refresh is done to update the view.

When both applications are run on the same work station this works. When we separation the applications the refresh doesn't work.

This works using a NetWare server without any problems. Because of security issues the NetWare server is not an option for us. I'm also seeing it being a little slower then when we tried this using NFS on the Unix server. Any help you can provide would be appreciated.