VFS bridge to Java

Ewout Prangsma e.prangsma at daisysoftware.com
Wed Oct 24 11:46:01 GMT 2001

Hello Tim and others,

I've been implementing a bridge from VFS to the Java VM (it works), so
now you can implement your virtual filesystem in Java.
However, I'm still stuck with the following topics, any help is welcome!

- I cannot use the normal smbd functions like lp_XXXX, since smbd does
not export any symbols. I really want to read smb.conf. How can I avoid
this?

- I cannot include <proto.h> since the vfs_init() method used in vfs.c
conflicts with the vfs_init method of the VFS shared library.
We should rename one of the two!

PS. If you're interested in the VFS->Java bridge, please contact me. I
intend it to be open source.

Thanks

--
Ewout Prangsma, Directeur