2.2.2 and oplocks and Word

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Tue Oct 23 09:27:02 GMT 2001

Scott Moomaw wrote:
> Jerry, we've just tried reproducing the problem again and have been
> successful.  We're running the CVS as of 8am yesterday on Solaris 2.8.
> The problem exhibits itself when oplocks are on.  I've gzipped a log file
> and placed it on the web at
> http://www.bridgewater.edu/~scott/tmp_problem_log.gz for you to see.

	If we need to look at this in more detail on the
	server side, try
		truss -f -l -d -o filename.truss -p pid
	and
		apptrace -f -o filename smbd

	Truss is like Linux strace: it traces system calls
	made by smbd. Apptrace traces all library calls,
	and is very fine-grained, but has to run smbd from
	the command-line.

--dave (who wrote the code generator for apptrace) c-b
Americas Customer Engineering, | some people and astonish the rest.
SunPS Integration Services.    |                      -- Mark Twain
(905) 415-2849                 | davecb at canada.sun.com