kerberos netjoin success

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.org
Tue Oct 23 06:19:02 GMT 2001

I've now succeeded in doing a completely remote join of a Samba server
to a w2k kerberos realm. The Samba server is added as a proper
computer account rather than the user account hack in my current
howto. There is no need to run any commands on the w2k server, you can
join a Samba server by running one command on the Samba box.

I'm working on producing a program to do this that other people have a
chance of compiling and running. I hope to release a new howto in a
couple of days with the details.

Cheers, Tridge