Linker warnings on MacOS X

The DJ hartman at mac.com
Mon Oct 22 06:14:02 GMT 2001

>>> So what is the output of config.guess on the various Mac
>>> platforms?  Does Samba even compile on anything other than
>>> darwin?
>>
>> On MacOS X 10.1, MacOS X 10.1 Server and Darwin 1.4 it is
>> powerpc-apple-darwin1.4
>
> Right - you might have to add something like this to configure.in:
>
> *** configure.in    20 Oct 2001 06:27:48 -0000    1.236
> --- configure.in    22 Oct 2001 06:38:39 -0000
> ***************
> *** 706,711 ****
> --- 706,715 ----
> PICFLAG="+z"
> fi
> ;;
> +         *darwin*)
> +             AC_DEFINE(DARWIN)
> +             LDFLAGS="-flat_namespace"
> +         ;;
> *qnx*) AC_DEFINE(QNX);;
> *osf*) AC_DEFINE(OSF1)
> BLDSHARED="true"
>
> I haven't tried this (no access to a darwin machine) so you may
> have to fiddle with it yourself to get it to actually work.
>

> Tim.

I tried the patch. It still doesn't compile without warnings. Shouldn't I be
able to find this setting back in configure.status or Makefile after
./configure?
Well in any case, it doesn't show up in both of them.

This was samba 2.2.2 fresh download with no additional options exept for
this patch.

DJ

Universiteit Twente
Derk-Jan 'The DJ' Hartman