kerberos in smbd working

Conrad Minshall conrad at apple.com
Sat Oct 20 21:11:03 GMT 2001

At 7:09 PM -0700 10/20/01, Andrew Tridgell wrote:
>I've just successfully logged in from a W2k client to a Samba server
>using a kerberos key from a w2k active directory KDC. The basic code
>is already committed to the head branch in CVS, but there are some
>other hacks that are needed in the netjoin utility at the moment. I
>plan on writing a short HOWTO once the code is in a fit state for
>testing.

>Now that this is working I plan on starting a series of alpha releases
>of Samba 3.0 soon. We will need to work out what we want in the 3.0
>release but I think that the features that have already gone in
>warrant some more general testing, so expect to see some very
>primitive alpha releases in the next week or two.

I'd like to get Apple's client "Kerberized" to test with this Samba 3.0.
Do let me know if you know of any unencumbered code which might be useful.
Or of anyone interesteed in adding Kerberos to either the Darwin or the
FreeBSD smb clients.

--
Conrad Minshall, conrad at apple.com, 408 974-2749
Apple Computer, Mac OS X Core Operating Systems