kerberos in smbd working

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.org
Sat Oct 20 19:10:02 GMT 2001

I've just successfully logged in from a W2k client to a Samba server
using a kerberos key from a w2k active directory KDC. The basic code
is already committed to the head branch in CVS, but there are some
other hacks that are needed in the netjoin utility at the moment. I
plan on writing a short HOWTO once the code is in a fit state for
testing.

Meanwhile, if you are *really* keen to work on this stuff, then please
join the #samba-technical IRC channel on
irc.openprojects.net. (install "xchat" if you have never used irc
before)

Now that this is working I plan on starting a series of alpha releases
of Samba 3.0 soon. We will need to work out what we want in the 3.0
release but I think that the features that have already gone in
warrant some more general testing, so expect to see some very
primitive alpha releases in the next week or two.

Cheers, Tridge