Curious

Christopher R. Hertel crh at nts.umn.edu
Fri Oct 19 09:16:01 GMT 2001

May I suggest that the first step would be a general understanding of
SMB/CIFS networking?  Samba makes a lot more sense when you understand
what it is trying to do.

Search around the SNIA web site for the SNIA CIFS specification.  Also,
see the references on the Samba documentation page and the jCIFS web site
(http://jcifs.samba.org/).  Finally (shameless plug) see
http://www.ubiqx.org/cifs/

Chris -)-----

> Hi
>
> I am interested in understanding the Samba implementation. I am going thru
> 'C' files.. comments are really helping me. If anybody has samba DESIGN doc/
> Funictional Specs/ DFD please send it.
>
> Even if you have a block diaghram it will help me.
>
> Thanks,
> Srinidhi

[Attachment, skipping...]