2.2.2 and oplocks and Word

Gerald (Jerry) Carter jerry at samba.org
Fri Oct 19 07:31:03 GMT 2001

On Fri, 19 Oct 2001, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> Ah....ok.  I can recreate the bug when setting "level2 oplocks = no".
> Interesting....
>
> Try enabling "level2 oplocks" and see if the problem persists.
> Although I do agree that this is a bug.  Just not sure where
> the blame lies at the moment.

Well here is the root of the access denied error.

# bin/smbstatus  -L

Locked files:
Pid    DenyMode   R/W        Oplock   Name
23354  DENY_WRITE RDONLY     NONE     /home/pogo/jerry/test.doc
                  ^^^^^^

Apparently this happens after the first save and Word's use
of it's temp file rename.  Looking at open modes now.

cheers, jerry
 www.samba.org              SAMBA Team              jerry_at_samba.org
 www.plainjoe.org                                jerry_at_plainjoe.org