Curious

Rafal Szczesniak mimir at spin.ict.pwr.wroc.pl
Fri Oct 19 03:07:02 GMT 2001

On Fri, 19 Oct 2001, Simo Sorce wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 08:53:23AM -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> > On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> >
> > > defined there.  Samba is *too* big to 'userstand' in any detail, you
> > > just have to trust that various parts do their job.
> >
> > Phooey!  It just takes a while :-)
> >

> I started just this way, asking the list for a scheme of samba,
> to let me understand the code faster, after I realized that

Yes. And eventually the last chance to understand _anything_ is
getting a kind of Source Navigator, debugger and ./configure.developer
:-)))

> there were none I said: "well time someone do it, i will do"

Well, I've got even a design scheme for such "samba source code
guide". Many, many chapters ... :(

> eheheh, a few years after I'm still understanding some parts of
> the code, and meantime got so interested in others that coding
> took the precedence :-))

Common practise ;-) Why bother with documenting if actual coding is so
interesting ? :-)

> > jerry-still-working-on-it  :-)
> >
> mee too ...

Not to talk about me. I've a "double job" translating many docs into
polish. Slowly but progresively ... recently rather slowly :)

> --
> Simo Sorce       idra at samba.org
> Samba Team http://www.samba.org

cheers,

Rafal 'Mimir' Szczesniak <mimir at spin.ict.pwr.wroc.pl>   |
*BSD, Linux and Samba                                  /