SMB mapping 127.0.0.1 to remote

Martin.Sheppard at csiro.au Martin.Sheppard at csiro.au
Thu Oct 18 23:49:24 GMT 2001

Hi,

I can map a drive on Win98 to an IP address. I don't think there is anything
special about my setup. One thing to be wary of is that sometimes a windows
smb server can be picky about what you call it. I'm not sure exactly when
the problem arrises, but you can't always say make a static entry in a wins
server for a different netbios name to the one actually used and have it
work.

Hope this helps,

Martin.