Installing drivers through PnP

Peter Lai peterfun1122 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 18 15:49:03 GMT 2001

Hi

I am working on making NT Pnp work with our system.  Everything went well
except there seems to be some specifies keyword missing in the ntdrivers.tdb
database, like FeatureKeyword, DependentFiles and SPLUserModePrinterDriver,
so when someone tries to install, it doesn't show up in the registries
(printers\<printer name>\printerDriverData.  I tried both using rpcclient
(Which doesn't have the devmode and specifies in the NT_PRINTER_INFO_LEVEL_2
structure) and through uploading driver in properties but the entries were
missing in either case...

One thing I notice though, is after I change something like finisher in
properties and then change something like default papersize in document
default, the missing entries will show up in tdb files, so after the first
install, the database seems complete.  After the first machine install, and
I can install the driver to other machines no problem, but the first
machine's registries would still mess up.

Any idea would be welcome
Thanks for your wonderful work!
-Peter