NISPLUS/LDAP support should be runtime configureable

Gerald (Jerry) Carter jerry at samba.org
Thu Oct 18 06:29:50 GMT 2001

On Mon, 15 Oct 2001, Roland Kaltefleiter wrote:

> There is the NIS+ and LDAP support for password etc. in Samba.
> One needs to activate that in the 'configure'. But then that binary
> is forced to that nameservice. I would be nice, that in case I
> enable NIS+ and/or LDAP, that I can use that option via the smb.conf.
> Corrently that does not work, since the code is like this:
> passdb/passgrp.c:
> #ifdef WITH_NISPLUS
>   pwgrp_ops =  nisplus_initialise_password_grp();
> #elif defined(WITH_LDAP)
>   pwgrp_ops = ldap_initialize_password_grp();
> #else
>   pwgrp_ops = file_initialise_password_grp();
> #endif
>
> The better way would be to have something like:
> static struct enum_list enum_nameservice[] = {
>         {NSS_FILES, "FILES"},
>         {NSS_LDAP, "LDAP"},
>         {NSS_NISPLUS, "NISPLUS"},
>         {-1, NULL}
> };

> I do have patched 2.2.1a and it works, but now 2.2.2 is out and look a
> little different. I will have to make my way through that source
> again.

This is the goal.  Send me your patches for 2.2.1a and I'll
take a look.  Note that 2.2.2 will be a little harder to do this
at the moment due to the removal of the the passdb dispatch table.

cheers, jerry
 www.samba.org              SAMBA Team              jerry_at_samba.org
 www.plainjoe.org                                jerry_at_plainjoe.org