Compile problem on Solaris --with-smbwrapper

samba-technical at thewrittenword.com samba-technical at thewrittenword.com
Tue Oct 16 07:29:04 GMT 2001

On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 09:17:08AM -0400, David Collier-Brown wrote:
> David Collier-Brown wrote:
> >
> > The command is
> >         ld -shared -o bin/smbwrapper.so
> > the message is
> >         ld: fatal: option -h and building a dynamic executable are
> >                 incompatible
> > This is from the -shared, which is gcc-specific, but I'm using cc,
> > so it fails with puzzling error messages
> >         When I change -sharedwhich smbsh to -G, all I get is
>
> whoops,
> 	When I change -shared to -G, all I get is
> > ---
> > ld.so.1: smbsh: fatal: relocation error: file
> > /usr/local/samba/bin/smbwrapper.so: symbol charset_initialize:
> > referenced symbol not found

:)

smbwrapper/smbw.c uses charset_initialize (*ize*).
rpcclient/rpcclient.c uses charset_initialise (*ise*).

There is *no* other reference to charset_initialize except in
smbwrapper/smbw.c so I presume it should be changed to
charset_initialise.

Try this and relink with just -G (BTW, on Solaris 8/SPARC, I changed
-shared to -G and things worked, even with the typo above). I should
have a patch to configure.in shortly.

--
albert chin (china at thewrittenword.com)