Compile problem on Solaris --with-smbwrapper

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Tue Oct 16 06:18:02 GMT 2001

The command is
	ld -shared -o bin/smbwrapper.so
the message is
	ld: fatal: option -h and building a dynamic executable are
		incompatible
This is from the -shared, which is gcc-specific, but I'm using cc,
so it fails with puzzling error messages
	When I change -sharedwhich smbsh to -G, all I get is
---
ld.so.1: smbsh: fatal: relocation error: file
/usr/local/samba/bin/smbwrapper.so: symbol charset_initialize:
referenced symbol not found
---
	This needs some developer investigation: it's not
	just a trivial typo.

--dave
Americas Customer Engineering, | some people and astonish the rest.
SunPS Integration Services.    |                      -- Mark Twain
(905) 415-2849                 | davecb at canada.sun.com